Thanks again for all your kind words. I'm still working on figuring things out. It's been so helpful to try things outside of my normal routine and to just slow down and be more present. I can't tell you how good it feels to be out of crisis mode for even a little while.

 photo IMG_1367.jpg

The broken arm wasn't the biggest deal, but the cast was a pain and I'm so happy it's off now! You don't keep an elbow casted for all that long or else you can risk losing some range of motion down the road. So I'm taking it slow while the break continues to heal, but hoping to start doing some more projects again soon and get back into that creative zone. I think finishing the glossy top coat in the music room is a good one-arm project to try.

 photo xIMG_0985-1.jpg

When I did the primer coat a few weeks ago (which is what you see here still), I debated what color to paint the moulding on the walls. I think if I had left the baseboards and the chair rails white, the look would have been a little choppy and maybe too traditional looking, which might feel weird with such a bold color.

 photo IMG_1372.jpg

I think it looks really modern when everything, floor to ceiling, is painted the same color and the same finish. It makes the light play on the moulding lines in such a pretty way, and the full color wash is so much less jarring than stops and starts of different colors.

 photo KWIDHue_22July09_Page_064-smcopy.jpg
Kelly Wearstler's HUE

 photo 89509111314648828_9sjzWU0k_f.jpg
Nick Olsen in House Beautiful

 photo b0a35feb916664ead934c8947e1dddd8.jpg
Anthropologie

 photo ades6.jpg

 photo 6thomfiliciabluelibrary.jpg
Thom Felicia

 photo 10AerinLauderhamptons.jpg
Aerin Lauder in House and Garden

 photo AtlantaHomesampLifestyles.jpg
Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles

 photo ce8c93ba9357513d11fac1587fcopy.jpg

It's a pretty look, right? I'm almost tempted to add more paneling to the blue room before putting the top coat on! I'm especially drawn the the Kelly Wearstler photo (the top example in green). I love the dimension of the panels! It's so much more interesting than strips of moulding.
 
Top